Q. Does anyone have a good way to make sure that my exact, phrase, and broad match keywords (the same word different match type) are bid staggered? I want to make sure that my KW in multiple accounts are competing with themselves.
A. If you have multiple match types, make sure that you have exact match bid the highest, phrase match a little lower, modified broad even lower, and finally broad match at the lowest bid
For those that don't know SKAGS, here you go. http://unbounce.com/ppc/doing-adwords-wrong-make-it-right/
Smart analysis and reporting in AdWords highlights what matters to you and your bottom line. That information can directly improve the performance of your account. This guide covers how to surface the right insights and turn those insights into action. We’ll talk about important considerations as you analyze your AdWords performance, and then we’ll cover how to turn your important analyses into truly special reports.
Frame analyses around what success looks like for you
1. Define clear and consistent success metrics. Read more
Why: Without focusing on a clear goal it’s easy to get lost in the details.
2. Focus on insights that lead to changes that affect your success metrics. Read more
Why: Understanding what’s happening in your account and why it may be happening is crucial to replicating successes and eliminating shortcomings.
Give analyses the appropriate context
3. Detect anomalies in your account by being aware of baseline performance. Read more
Why: The earlier you spot anomalies in your performance, the quicker you can take advantage of new opportunities or fix poor performers.
4. Choose the right time periods when analyzing performance. Read more
Why: Context is important. Seasonality, strategy changes and external market pressures can influence performance.
5. Ensure that your ratios have the right amount of data to be legitimate. Read more
Why: Early returns can be misleading. By waiting for enough data, you can be more confident that your changes are the right ones.
Tell a story that translates reports into action
6. Filter your analyses and reports to focus on high-value areas. Read more
Why: Appropriately placed filters can direct your attention to the details that will ultimately determine your success.
7. Segment your analyses and reports to highlight differences at every level of your account. Read more
Why: Looking at your data at the top level may obscure important differences that segments can reveal. Find efficiencies to exploit and inefficiencies to improve.
8. Create line, bar and pie charts to better visualize your data. Read more
Why: Pictures are often easier to comprehend than spreadsheets. Use charts to turn your data into a story that anyone can understand and act on.
Tailor reports to be uniquely meaningful to your needs
9. Create custom columns that focus on what matters most. Read more
Why: It’s easier to focus on performance drivers if your reports are customized to include specific metrics that you care about.
10. Save your important, recurring analyses as reports. Read more
Why: Make it easy to repeatedly surface the insights that you find most valuable.
Contact Scott Business Research PPC at (888) 520-3644
Google Partners are agencies, marketing professionals, and online experts who have been certified by Google to manage AdWords accounts. Companies who qualify for Partner status earn the Google Partner badge. We are experts at Insurance Marketing, San Diego Adwords Marketing & Management.
San Diego Adwords Management